Sunday, January 22, 2012

Finally on the ship

Well I am on the ship and we have now been underway for two days after a very eventful start at Nassau that included us waiting an extra day for students that were unable to get their India visas. This was weird because the Indian embassy apparently lost or forgot about these folks even though they had submitted their documents in good order and in good time. So what we had to do was leave Nassau and do a big circle and come back to it because they needed the doc space, but we eventually did get underway and now we are back on scheduled. The internet on the ship is a total pain to get use to but that is really my only complaint. The MV Explorer is an amazing ship and is filled with an awesome group of people from all over the US, but I will say that CU students account for 43 of the 500 or so students.  We were informed that CU sent twice as many students as any other school! Also on a fun note the first day I was in Nassau I tripped on a broken piece of concrete and really jacked up my knee… Im going to see a doc later today so we will see how that goes… My classes are fun and the teachers are amazing, I am taking Global studies (use to be called core), Intro to Anthropology, World Geography, and History of Modern China since 1644. We hit Dominica tomorrow so im off to figure out what im going to do there!

No comments:

Post a Comment